What is Pilates?
Janette Bendle Pilates provides both aerobic and non-aerobic forms of pilates exercise.
Whilst the classes are fun, it requires a lot of determination and focus, because you move your body through precise variations of motion. lengthening and strengthens all the major muscle groups in your body in a balanced fashion.
It requires concentration in finding a centre point to control your body through movement. Each exercise has a particular placement, rhythm and breathing pattern.
The benefits of attending a session at Janette Bendle Pilates include:
- improved flexibility
- increased muscle strength and tone, particularly of your abdominal muscles, lower back, hips and buttocks (the ‘core muscles’ of your body)
- balanced muscular strength on both sides of your body
- enhanced muscular control of your back and limbs
- improved stabilisation of your spine
- improved posture
- rehabilitation or prevention of injuries related to muscle imbalances
- improved physical coordination and balance
- relaxation of your shoulders, neck and upper back
- safe rehabilitation of joint and spinal injuries
- prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
- increased lung capacity and circulation through deep breathing
- improved concentration
- increased body awareness
- stress management and relaxation.